FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is is really just white light?
Yes, through varying frequencies of white LEDs and white halogen in front of closed eyes, stimulate the pineal gland, taking you on an incredible visual journey which is unique to each individual and usually includes a wide range of colors, vortexes, fractal patterns and sacred geometry.
How long do sessions last?
The first sessions is 1 hour which includes 7 minutes of demos and a personalized longer session. Future sessions can range from 30 minutes in the light to 1 hr in the light.
What days can I book sessions?
Currently we offer sessions Sat and Sun 8am-8pm and Mondays 5pm-8pm. We are looking at adding additional days. Please let us know when you are hoping to come in and we can see what is possible.
Is the experience safe?
If the session becomes too intense you can put your hand in front of your eyes or ask the light attendant to stop the session. The Lucia experience is not recommended for clients with photo-sensitive epilepsy due to the stroboscopic function of the light.
Are my eyes open or closed?
Your eyes are closed the whole time. The light works through your eyelids.
What do I need to do to prepare for the session?
Before your session
•Pick out music for your session the night before if you prefer, though we have music we provide.
•Relaxing or meditative music without lyrics that aids in reaching a positive mind space is optimal.
(Note: The light is a powerful brain entrainment tool. Please do not combine with brain entrainments such as binaural beats.)
•Eat and hydrate well prior to your session.
•Take some time to ground and set an intention for your session.
•Ask your light attendant any questions you may have.
During your session
• Try not to have any particular expectations. Try to observe, rather than analyze. Open yourself to the experience. There is no wrong or right way, no better or worse way.
• Keep your eyes closed. (Although opening your eyes will not damage them, it is not pleasant.)
• You may occasionally feel a breeze from the fan.
• You may hear the fan switching on and off.
• At times you might experience involuntary fluttering of the eyelids. Do not let this worry you, it is a normal physiological response. This is usually remedied by looking throughout the third eye.
• You may notice an increase in your heart rate as a component of the brain entrainment process.
• Breathe deeply and evenly.
• If you feel a churning in your stomach or feel uneasy, let the attendant know so that the session may be modified or terminated.
• You can abandon the session at any time by holding your hand over your eyes and turning your head away from the light.
After a Light Session:
•Take time to allow for integration of what you've experienced.
•Drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol.
•Consider meditating prior to bedtime.
•Get plenty of rest to optimize the healthful impacts of your experience.